Migration advisory service for adults

There are a lot of organisations in Germany which will be pleased to help you if you come across obstacles. You can find out here where you can turn as your first point of call.

The staff of the  Migration Advice Service (Migrationsberatungsstelle) can help you solve your problems, quickly and unbureaucratically. They will support you from your first day in Germany, and can advise you in relation to the following topics:

  • Learning German (for instance: Where can I learn German? Do I have to pay for the course myself?),
  • School and work (for instance: Will my school-leaving certificate or my training be recognised? How and where can I find work?),
  • Housing (for instance: How do I find accommodation? How much does housing cost?),
  • Health (for instance: Do I need health insurance? Which doctor can I consult?),
  • Marriage, family and raising children (for instance: Who will help me during pregnancy? Who will advise me if I have problems in my marriage?).

Solving problems together

The advisors also understand the language of your country of origin in most cases, and are familiar with the problems and challenges which settling into life in Germany may entail. You can talk to them in person, and then work together on a plan to help you feel at home in everyday life in Germany after only a short time.

Your skills and knowledge form the focus of the advisory session. You will find out which support programmes available and where you can learn German. The advisors also check whether you are eligible to attend state-subsidised integration courses or can benefit from other local integration schemes.

Migration Advice Service for Adult Immigrants is free of charge for you at all times.

The app that has been created by the Migration Advice Service for Adult Immigrants can help you find your bearings at the beginning.

Who offers migration advice?

There are migration advice services in many towns and cities in Germany. The following organisations offer free migration advice:

  • the Workers' Welfare Association (Arbeiterwohlfahrt),
  • the German Caritas Association,
  • the Diakonisches Werk der Evangelischen Kirchen in Deutschland (the social welfare organisation of Germany's Protestant churches),
  • the German Equal Participation Welfare Association (Deutscher Paritätischer Wohlfahrtsverband),
  • the the German Red Cross (Deutsches Rotes Kreuz),
  • the Central Welfare Agency of the Jews in Germany (Zentralwohlfahrtsstelle der Juden in Deutschland),
  • the Federation of Expellees (Bund der Vertriebenen).

MBE Beratungststelle

Eugen Bogdashkin
Schillerstr. 28/3
89077 Ulm

Tel 0731 967982 - 41
Fax 0731 967982 -51

E-Mail: Diese E-Mail-Adresse ist vor Spambots geschützt! Zur Anzeige muss JavaScript eingeschaltet sein!

Zusatzinformationen oder Bereichsnavigation

Zusatzinformationen oder Bereichsnavigation